by Chef John Iconomou
are hard to come by at this sought-after, new restaurant in Soho, so we
thought we’d snag a recipe and sample a dish for ourselves.
Unfortunately, we couldn’t recreate the al fresco dining or clubby
atmosphere, but this recipe is presently easier to tackle than a
reservation. On a scale of 1-10, we’d rate this a 3 on the difficulty
3 ears of corn
1 large duck egg
1 cup cream
1 tsp lime segments
1 tsp chopped shallots (raw)
1. Remove husks from corn, cut kernels from cob.
2. Add 1/2 of the corn with the cream and cook for 15 minutes until corn is tender and cream has reduced by half.
3. Blend the corn and cream mixture , then pass through a fine sieve and reserve.
4. Cut chorizo into small diceand add to pre-heated pan for two minutes.
5. Add Chanterelles, shallots and corn to pan and sauté for 2 more minutes.
6. Poach the duck egg.
7. Place corn and cream mixture on the bottom of a bowl and add egg.
8. Spoon corn/chanterelle/chorizo mixture over top, then add salt and pepper.
9. Garnish with micro cilantro.
Address: 265 Elizabeth St., btwn. Houston & Prince Sts.