by Chef Jehangir Mehta & Owner of Graffiti
8 oz of cubed paneer
2 green mangos diced (small)
1/3 cup grape seed oil
1⁄2 tsp ground tumeric
1⁄2 tsp chili powder
1 small pinch of asafoetdda
1. Fry cubed paneer in 1 inch of grapeseed oil until golden brown, then set aside
2. In a separate pan heat 1/3 cup of grape seed oil on medium heat and add diced green mangos, ground tumeric, chili powder and asafoetdda. Cook for 1-2 minutes and add salt to taste.
3. Remove from stove and place fried paneer into a container and combine with marinade (green mango, ground tumeric, chili powder, etc)
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours
5. When ready to enjoy, heat the mixture up on the stove in a pan or microwave and serve in your favorite dish alongside your favorite crackers or flat bread
Address: 224 East 10th St., nr. Second Ave.