- ½ lb of rice
- ½ onion small diced
- 1 red pepper, small diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, brunoise
- 1 ½ tbsp of Paprika
- 3 grams Saffron
- ¾ qt of chicken stock
- 1 fresh chorizo link
- 1 chicken leg cut in small pieces
- 5 oz of rib eye steak
- 10 cockles
- 10 mussels
- 6 shrimp
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make a sofrito with onions, peppers, garlic, paprika. Season with salt and pepper
- Add chicken, steak and chorizo.
- Add rice.
- Cook the mussels and cockles in a separate pot just till open. Reserve
- Drain liquid, add liquid to the rice.
- When rice is almost cooked, add shrimp.
- When paella is almost cooked, if you want to remove cockles and mussels from
shell, add to rice to warm. Then serve.
Photo Credit: Zandy Mangold
Address: 37 East 28th St., btwn. Park & Madison Ave.
Until we eat again,
**Don’t forget to subscribe for Restaurant Girl’s Weekly Newsletter**