By Executive Chef Bryan Calvert
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- ½ Pound Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups grated coconut
- Oil for frying
1) Preheat Oven to 325 F
2) Combine Sugar, Honey and Cream Cheese in an electric mixer and cream together
3) Add Ricotta, and Zest and Mix until combined
4) Add 1 egg at a time until blended
5) Add Milk and Cream
6) Butter an 8 inch cake pan and place mixture in.
7) Bake for 1 hour at 325 F in a water bath until a skewer comes out clean from the middle of the cake.
8) Cool for 1 hour
9) Mix cornstarch and sugar in a bowl.
10) Place whisked eggs in a separate bowl
11) Place coconut in Third Bowl
12) Using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, form beignets from the cake.
13) Coat balls with sugar mixture, then egg, then coconut.
14) Heat oil in a deep fryer to 325 and fry beignets to golden brown.
15) Place sauce on plate with berries. Arrange beignets on sauce and serve
Red Wine Berry Sauce
- ½ cup light red wine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pint Raspberries
- 1 pint Blueberries
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Simmer and reduce to sauce consistency, strain and cool.
Address: 605 Carlton Ave., at St. Mark’s Ave.
Phone: (718) 942-4255