Stanton Social’s Pumpkin-Goat Cheese Croquettes
This week Chris Santos shares a highlight from Stanton Social‘s fall specials, a vegetable I’m extremely partial to – the pumpkin…
Pumpkin-Goat Cheese Croquettes drizzled with maple mascarpone & crispy sage
1 lb pumpkin puree
1 lb goat cheese
1 bunch thyme picked
2 cups fine bread crumbs
salt to taste
1 bunch sage
Mascarpone Maple Drizzle
1 cup mascarpone
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix thyme, goat cheese and pumpkin puree in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
- Make small 1 ounce “balls'” of the mixture.
- Dredge in beaten eggs, then coat with coarse bread crumbs (panko works best). Refrigerate again.
- For the mascarpone – mix 1 cup mascarpone, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 3 tbsp maple syrup.
- Pan fry the croquettes until golden. as they are frying toss in leaves of sage. Remove from oil, drain well.
- Season with salt and drizzle with mascarpone. Garnish with bits of fried sage.
Address: 99 Stanton St., nr Ludlow St.
The Stanton Social
Until we eat again,
**Don’t forget to subscribe for Restaurant Girl’s weekly newsletter**