By Executive Chef Emanuel Concas
- 1 kg. Rigatoni de Cecco
- 2 lbs. fresh chuck of lamb
- 3 small white onions
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c. white wine
- 3 small cans of Italian plum tomatoes
- salt and pepper
1. Cut lamb in big pieces and then pan roast it.
2. In another pan, cut onions julienne style and sautee them until brown.
3. Put everything into the sauce pan and pour on the white wine. Let the white wine reduce and then add the peeled tomatoes and place the pan in the oven at 360 degrees for 2 hours.
4. Let it cool off and then add the salt and pepper.
5. In another pot, boil water with some salt and add the rigatoni once boiling. Cook to al dente – about 10 minutes. Drain and mix with the sauce in a pot for 3-4 minutes over high heat.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black pepper, and serve.
Address: 357 West Broadway, between Broome & Grand Sts.
Phone: (212) 431-0080